Hello changemaker! You are in the right place. The Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) program will help you make a difference in your community and the world.
Successful social sector leadership is more than accumulating knowledge -- it’s combining knowledge and on-the-ground experience. This is what makes the CNP credential program unique. While pursuing the CNP credential, you will:
- Fulfill a volunteer service experience (at least 20 hours)
- Participate in nonprofit professional experiences (at least 120 hours)
- Attend Elevate, a virtual nonprofit professional development conference
- Pass the CNP Exam
- Earn a Bachelor's Degree
We partner with your campus to make sure you have a great CNP experience. CNP Central is the place to access all the CNP tools and nonprofit resources. It’s your headquarters for all things related to earning the CNP:
- Get Connected: talk to other students across the country interested in leadership and service, just like you!
- Find a Career L!FT: prepare for what’s after college, learn where to find an internship, or enhance your employability.
- Access the CNP Study Guide: ace the CNP Exam with this easy-to-use, online guide.
The Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
The demand for qualified nonprofit leaders has never been greater. Since 1948 the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance has been developing leaders to strengthen the social sector with a talented, prepared workforce.
The Alliance awards the nationally-recognized credential, the CNP. NLA’s Legacy Campuses offer the credential at a significantly discounted student rate to undergraduate, graduate, and recent alumni.
As a CNP, you’ll gain access to a network of 10,500+ powerful, well-connected nonprofit professionals who are making an impact in the world. We’re excited to work with you on your journey to becoming a CNP. Take the first step today!