Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Equity Statement
At the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, we strengthen the social sector with a talented and prepared workforce. We respect and value the unique set of visible and invisible characteristics shaping each person. We recognize the immense injustices and disparities within our country across a variety of groups and individuals.
The Alliance vows to center our powerful network of nonprofit leaders around justice, equity, and inclusion. Through programs created to build a more just sector and to enact positive, comprehensive, systemic change, we impact our organizations, communities, and world.
To meet our justice, equity, and inclusion goals, we will:
- Create programs, courses, events, and communities that inform, challenge, and inspire new awareness and action.
- Ensure equal access to our programs and services.
- Pursue cultural appreciation/consciousness throughout our organization with ongoing learning and open communication.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services.
- Commit time and resources to expand the diversity of leadership within our board, staff, and auxiliary bodies.
- Collaborate with organizations and support public policies that advance these goals.
- Recognize our limitations in identifying and understanding groups and individuals (including race, gender, socioeconomic state, age, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, religion, and immigration status) as well as the intersectionality of these identifications.
- Revisit this living document regularly, revising as appropriate to embed as a part of our organizational culture.